A Structure, Not a Straitjacket
The Executive Challenge
Driven by pressures to achieve competitive advantage, many organizations are struggling to keep up with rapid change, driven by internal and market factors. After several years of rapid growth, executives typically face a technology and application landscape that is in chaos. Multiple systems do the same thing. Information contained in different systems doesn’t match. Enterprise Architecture was hailed as the silver bullet for organizations facing these types of challenges; however, Enterprise Architecture has acquired a negative connotation in many companies that have implemented the concept incorrectly. The result often has been an academic exercise of current and ideal IT systems capabilities with little or no practical value.
When done well, Enterprise Architecture represents the organizing logic for business processes and IT infrastructure. It should reflect the requirements for integrating and standardizing your company’s operating model. This foundation for execution consists of your Business Process Architecture, Applications Architecture, Data Architecture, and Technology Architecture.
At Dominion Digital, we are not professors. We are pragmatists. We help you build an enterprise architecture that works for your organization.
Envision the Possibilities
An enabling Enterprise Architecture can provide many benefits, such as:
- Increased alignment and collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- True alignment of operations and IT investment decisions with business strategy
- Centralized and stable customer information that enables cross-selling opportunities
- Increased flexibility in the face of change
- Accelerated ROI by improving the delivery of systems integration
Dominion Digital’s consultants can help you realize these benefits. We leverage our experience in both operations and technology to provide a long-term view of your process, systems, and technologies.
Dominion Digital takes a pragmatic approach to enterprise architecture. We recognize that there is always a point of diminishing return to any initiative. Our consultants leverage a value-driven approach: we work iteratively, assessing and quantifying the benefits of each step in enterprise architecture development. Here’s how:
- We start with a tight link to what your customer values, focusing first on the business process architecture, and distinguishing between basic operating and strategic differentiating processes.
- We leverage our IT architecture expertise to develop the high-level conceptual enterprise architecture that will serve as an actionable plan for execution.
- We engage your cross-functional stakeholders to ensure there is bottoms-up support that builds the foundation for execution.
Besides the intense focus on enabling processes first, Dominion Digital’s primary differentiator is our focus on managing the people component of Enterprise Architecture development and implementation. While no company will have the exact same architecture, all successful Enterprise Architecture initiatives have a common theme - executive commitment and bottoms-up support.
The Dominion Digital Difference
Dominion Digital is a regional process and technology consulting firm known for rapidly delivering value for its clients and providing right-sized solutions to complex business challenges. Working principally with Fortune 500 and mid-cap companies, Dominion Digital partners with progressive executives to bring focus, direction, and momentum to their high-priority initiatives. Our high-caliber, seasoned professionals are passionate about producing results for our clients.
Dominion Digital provides Mid-Atlantic companies a best-value alternative to large national consulting firms. Known for our process and technology leadership, we have helped over 100 clients realize dramatic gains in business effectiveness and efficiency.
For more information about Enterprise Architecture, please contact us:
804.648.0600 - option 2
877.949.3344 - option 2